Sequence of Study and Workshops
To successfully complete HLT37215 Certificate III in Pathology you need to:
- Complete all theory on line
- As you complete a unit you may attend a workshop to complete the practical competency part of the unit
- You need to successfully collect 20 venous collections from patient/ volunteers – at least 15 in the workshops and 5 in the collection centres during your 35 hours work placement. To facilitate this if you can find people to volunteer it will happen quicker for you
- We estimate that you will need 6 workshop days for the perform venous collection .
- Once you have completed the online theory for these subjects you need to book in for a workshop day as we have a limit of 10 students per workshop
- Once you have completed all theory and workshops you need to attend 35 hours of work placement in our collection rooms as a student. At this work placement you need to successfully collect 5 venous collections under the direct supervision of a trainer.
- You can attend the work placements as a block of 35 hours over 5 days or one day at a time
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- HLTINF001 – Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTWHS001 – Participate in workplace health and safety
- CHCCOM005 – Communicate and work in health or community services
- BSBCUS201 Deliver a service to customers
- HLTAAP001 – Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTPAT001 – Identify and respond to clinical risks in pathology collection
- BSBMED301 – Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- HLTPAT004 – Collect pathology specimens other than blood
- HLTCAR001 – Perform electrocardiography (ECG)
- HLTAID011 – Perform First Aid- Contact Training Centre for access
- HLTHPS004 – Measure spirometry
- HLTPAT002 – Perform venous blood collections
- HLTPAT006 – Receive, prepare and dispatch pathology specimens
15 Successful venous collections – The number of days that you will be required to successfully complete this will depend on how quickly you master the skill.
35 Hours workplacement
This is organised for you by us.